Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Saboteurs, all of them

I will forever refuse to take the blame for any unfinished/never-started projects.  I can't help it if I get distracted!  I spend all day looking at sewing blogs and without fail I always find something that looks more entertaining and pretty than the project I currently have in mind. 

So, without hesitation, I blame all the other women with ridiculously good looking projects and user friendly tutorials for my inability to start a project.  How am I supposed to work when they are constantly throwing new and better ideas at me?  One can hardly blame me.

One of the women I hold most responsible is Alexis from Made By Lex.  Truly, she must really have it out for me.  She's constantly ruining any hope I have of starting a new project.  Without any visible effort, she throws up a new tutorial of an Anthropologie inspired shirt and makes it look so easy that I have no choice but to drop the pathetic shirt I was planning on making on its butt and adopt her idea.


 Sneaky, sneaky woman. 

And just when I start to get my act together to start on her shirt, she drops these gorgeous DIY Valentino heels on me! 


Honestly! How am I supposed to get any work done when she keeps doing this to me!?  What did I ever do to her to deserve this treatment?  A small corner of my heart starts to cry; but then I see this outlandishly good-looking (and ludicrously easy) Ruffle Clutch and all is made well again.


Until women like her stop sabotaging my creative process, I'll hardly ever be able to create something to show off.  That, or I find a job that actually keeps me busy all day so I can't read sewing blogs all day.

No comments: