Friday, May 7, 2010

Getting Healthy

With bikini season knocking on my door, I'm trying to figure out how to balance being active and exercising with (what seems to me) my very limited personal time.  So I've decided to..... ride my bike to work!! I'm giving up public transportation with the exception of bad weather days.  We already ride our bikes around all weekend and do all our errands on our bikes so 10 miles round trip for work won't be too much of a stretch. AND and and!! It takes less time to bike to work than to take the train. Woot!

I've done it twice this week and am loving it - its better than a cup of coffee in the morning. My only issue with biking is the boatload of animosity between bike riders and drivers.  I think a lot of it comes from the fact that bikes can be either pedestrians or vehicles and expect to be given the right of way by real pedestrians and vehicles.  I'm guilty of that attitude too - by no means am I blameless.  BUT I am working on changing that.

No comments: