Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Candy

After ignoring my sewing machine for a while and letting Peter take over in the kitchen, I spent Sunday trying to feel creative.  I've gotten rather addicted to the couch, so I tried to not sit on it the entire day, which resulted in these little snacks. 


The first are little dingleberry chocolates.  Smashed graham cracker with a disgusting amount of butter rolled into little balls and dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate, butter and rum. 


These are the same chocolate mix, filled with peanut butter and topped with more graham cracker.  They are so good but I can only eat so many of them before I'm completely disgusted by them.  So I brought them to work today to share with the office.

In an effort to stop eating chocolate I turned to my sewing machine and threw together this little pillow which I fell in love with.  My office wants me to make a Vineyard themed quilt for our summer auction.  I've been having issues picking out fabric, so I tossed together some scraps to force myself into a decision. 

While I don't really like the fabric for my quilt, I do like the pillow.  My own little lumbar support pillow!

No comments: